Saturday, May 26, 2012

Melbourne places to stay

Blackman Hotel
Deluxe Studio Suite BalconyThis is definitely one of my favourite hotels in Melbourne. Great style.  Though rooms near the road do get the tram noise. 

It is a tiny way out of the centre of town ie not walking distance to town.

452 St Kilda Road
Melbourne, Victoria 3004

Blackman Hotel

Then to the other end of the spectrum


Travelodge Hotel at Southbank


Not glamous, a little above basic, clean and OK decor.  The best thing about this place though is the location.  Close to the National Gallery Victoria, Melbourne Theatre Company, Melbourn Recital Hall, Arts Centre and a short walk into town.

However, it was great value and depending on why I was in Melbourne I would return.

Travelodge
9 Riverside Quay
Southbank

Darling Towers on Collins
233 Collins Street
Melbourne
Darling Towers On Collins ExteriorApartment style hotels, starting to look a little tired.  However the location is very convenient for shopping in the centre of town.

Rooms are a good size.







Oaks on Collins
I am not sure what the other rooms are like, but I got this at what seemed like a bargain rate.  The room I got felt really claustrophobic, no windows, tiny bathroom.  I wouldn't stay here again.  Perhaps the rooms in the rest of the hotel are better, but don't take one without a window.

Location wasn't so great, there are plenty of hotels in Melbourne in more central locations, though that is my personal preference
Oaks on Collins
480 Collins Street
Melbourne


No comments:

Post a Comment